The RequirementsTo meet the basic qualification for this role, you will have legal authorization to work permanently in the United States for any employer without requiring a visa transfer or visa sponsorship.
To be a good fit for the Accounts Receivable / Credit & Collections Manager opportunity, you will have MOST of the following:
- A bachelor's degree in accounting, finance or related field; we'll also consider candidates with an equivalent combination of education and directly relevant experience.
- 5+ years of experience in accounts receivable and/or credit and collections.
- Experience with government contracts, ideally including familiarity with the wide area work flow (WAWF) government billing system.
- Experience in the manufacturing sector.
- Supervisory experience, ideally in California.
- Thorough knowledge and understanding of applicable credit-related laws.
- Experience with international letters of credit.
- Some experience with accounting.
- Familiarity with ERP systems, ideally Epicor.
- Strong Excel skills, including pivot tables, VLOOKUP and formulas.
- The ability to manage and prioritize among multiple deadlines and projects.
- A drive for results and a customer service orientation.
- Flexibility and the ability to remain level-headed in a fast-paced environment.
- Solid problem solving and decision-making skills.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal abilities.
- The ability to achieve goals independently.
Qualified candidates will be required to pass a background check.
The RoleReporting to the Controller, initially you will assume accountability for:
- The entire credit granting process, including the consistent application of credit policy, periodic credit reviews of existing customers and the assessment of the creditworthiness of potential customers.
- Daily functions of accounts receivables (AR).
During a typical day, you may spend two to four hours creating and sending invoices, make about 10 collections calls and send 15 to 20 collections emails, and more. Once or twice a month you'll run credit reviews, and every Tuesday you'll lead and conduct the AR meetings for various members of management, senior management, and others. This will be a great opportunity for you to share your success stories, ideas, challenges, new processes, seek assistance from the team, etc.
More specifically, you will:
- Plan and organize activities of credit, including but not limited to, periodic credit review of existing customers and the assessment of the creditworthiness of potential customers. This will include ensuring file reviews are completed timely and accurately, and interfacing with sales organization to communicate credit decisions and ensure timely review of new customers.
- Conduct studies and submit recommendations for improving the organization's credit/accounts receivable/accounts payable operation.
- Negotiate documentation and payment terms with domestic and international customers to ensure transactions are properly secured. This includes establishing and administering of letters of credit (LCs) and securing all LC-related receipts. You'll make the appropriate credit decisions under granted authority.
- Assume responsibility for ensuring successful AR collection for the entire company to include: necessary collection calls, e-mails, faxes, as well as follow-up and pursuit of delinquent accounts; seeking assistance from management and/or business functions as required to secure timely receipts; performing various account reconciliations, related to AR and AP, and effectively resolving any discrepancies.
- Recommend customers to be sent to collections, and upon approval, submit paperwork to the company-selected collection agency. You'll follow up on process and collection.
- Perform daily invoicing of shipments; set-up and effectively utilize on-line invoice system per clients' billing requirements to ensure timely receipts of funds, and ensure the appropriate posting of cash collected as deemed necessary.
- Process all customer payments received via credit card and generate reports to support the posting of payment to the database software.
- Develop and standardize written policy documentation related to the credit and customer set up process and ensure compliance with applicable credit laws.
- Supervise, assign daily tasks, and assist AP personnel with priorities and issues to ensure tasks are completed successfully consistent with departmental goals.
- Advise the Controller and/or Senior Staff Accountant of all journal entries related to AP and AR.
- Review, analyze, interpret and appropriately respond to all accounting and finance inquiries related to AR and AP.
- Organize the compliance with and timely completion of government and financial institution audits related to AR and AP.
- Comply with company policies, practices, and procedures.
- Participate in proactive efforts to achieve departmental and company goals.
- Review work for accuracy, completeness, and proper authority.
What's in It for YouProfessional development
While we are looking for a professional with a broad background, there still will be new things for you to learn in this position. We work with customers in a variety of markets, private and public, and no two contracts are the same. You'll also expand your international experience, as we do business with a number of customers in other countries.
Build a career home
This is a role with room for growth. We already mentioned the supervisory piece, and you may also take over cash forecasting. In addition, our ongoing expansion will create opportunities for proven performers and we're committed to promoting from within whenever possible.
We'll look to you to achieve goals independently, giving you the elbowroom you need to succeed. At the same time, you'll be part of a strong team with solid experience and useful insights to share. At PCI you'll find success-driven people who enjoy delivering results and having fun in the process.
Stability and growth
With years of success behind us, we are the leading global supplier in our niche areas. The diversity of our markets enables us to maintain constant, strong growth. At the same time, we're still small enough to remain nimble in ways that large corporations cannot. For example, on-site oxygen generation is becoming widely recognized as offering increased productivity and reduced operating costs in the treatment of water and wastewater . . . PCI is ideally positioned to respond.
We value our employees
At PCI we know that our people are our strength. The way we look after, develop and encourage our people is an important part of our culture. Our people principles are based on leadership, engagement and collaboration. Our employees are knowledgeable about our products and services and contribute to the growth of our organization, and that growth creates new career opportunities for talented individuals.
In addition to a competitive salary and bonus opportunity, we have a comprehensive slate of benefits that includes everything you would expect, such as medical, dental, vision and life insurance; paid time off; and a 401(k) with a company match. There are also some pleasant surprises like a choice between a PPO & HMO plan with up to 98% of the premium covered for employees, a wellness plan, pet insurance, and more.
Video: Most of our innovative oxygen and nitrogen systems are self-contained, deployable and specifically designed with the operator and applications in mind, such as ease of use, efficiency, simple to install and reliability of operation.
Keys to SuccessIf you are looking for a job in which each day is predictable and very much like the day before, this may not be the position for you. You'll handle transactions in credit, collections and AR every day, but the transactions can be very different. You should enjoy figuring things out. For example, we do a lot of percentage-of-completing billing, and each project can have different terms and conditions. In many cases a transaction will be too complicated for the ERP to handle it automatically, so you'll need to process them manually.
In addition, more and more customers are implementing online billing, so you'll need to learn and keep track of different ways of doing things in different systems. The good news is that our business isn't about churning out millions of widgets each year. Instead, you'll work with transactions supporting a smaller number of larger projects.
Our culture is down to earth and we value positive attitudes. The volume and pace of work will vary; you may have a couple of weeks at an even pace followed by 10 days when the heat is on. Either way, you should be able to stay calm, set priorities and keep moving forward.
Communication is an important part of this role, whether you are talking to a customer on the phone, sending an email or writing a letter. You should be clear and concise, particularly regarding expectations and timelines. This applies to your communications with coworkers as well. You'll need to be aware of the progress of existing projects and also what the sales team has working, so you should be direct and assertive as necessary -- both to ask for the information you need and to voice your opinions.
About UsPCI was founded in 1984 to manufacture cryogenic air separation devices for operation in extreme and remote environments. Since then, PCI has continually expanded its technology platforms to include membrane and adsorption (vacuum swing absorption) technology. Today PCI is a global leader in the design and manufacture of on-site oxygen and nitrogen generators for a variety of markets, including water & wastewater treatment, medical, industrial, military, and oil & gas markets.
We have built thousands of systems that are actively operating and supported in over 30 countries worldwide. Our products enable our customers to produce oxygen and nitrogen at the point of use, effectively eliminating the logistical supply chain associated with delivered product.
Our success and well-deserved reputation for supplying the most advanced, cost effective, reliable, and user-friendly equipment available -- and for providing outstanding product support and after sales service -- is based upon our commitment to stringent quality control and to our commitment to the best interests of our customers.
PCI's corporate headquarters is located in Riverside, California and our Quality Management System meets the requirements of ISO 9001:2008 and ISO 13485:2003.
PCI is an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. PCI is also a Federal contractor. Employment may be contingent upon U.S. citizenship or permanent resident ("green card") status.